The Library provides limited notary services on scheduled days and times listed.
Please call the Library the day of your visit to ensure that a notary is available during your scheduled time.
Please call 732-329-4000, ext. 7286 to confirm Notary availability.
- 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Guidelines for Notary Services
Notary service is not available at the Library for power of attorney, mortgage documents, deeds, wills, living wills, living trusts, codicils, depositions or vital records. The Library provides only basic notary services.
- Library notaries are scheduled during certain weekday and evening hours only.
- It is recommended that customers seeking notary service call the Library prior to their visit (the day of their visit) to ensure that a notary is available at that time. The Library can be reached by calling 732-329-4000 ext 7290 or 7286.
- There is a $2.50 charge per notary signature payable in cash or check.
- Notary service is provided on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Valid photo identification is required of any customer seeking notary service. (ie: photo drivers license, passport)
- The Library will not provide witnesses and witnesses may not be solicited from customers using the Library. In order to serve as a witness, the witness must personally know the person whose document is being notarized and must be in possession of valid photo identification.
- Documents in any language other than English will not be notarized at this facility.
- New Jersey law requires that a Notary and the customer seeking notarization be able to communicate directly with each other. Library Notaries are not permitted to make use of a translator to communicate with a Notary Service Customer.
- In accordance with New Jersey Notarial Law, notaries will not provide service if the customer, document or circumstances of the request for notary service raise any issue of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt or uncertainty for the Library. In this event, the library notary may, at his/her sole discretion, decline to provide notary service.