We appreciate your interest in the South Brunswick Public Library.
Job applications are available at the Borrower Services Desk or can be downloaded here.
May 8, 2019
Information Assistant: Information Services Department
Part-time – 21 hours per week, including weekday evening and Saturday hours
The South Brunswick Public Library is seeking an outgoing, energetic, customer service oriented individual to join our staff as a part-time Information Assistant. Under the supervision of the Head of Information Services, this person will provide technology instruction for the public in popular software, library resources, devices, and emerging technologies. This position includes assisting at the Information Desk, helping customers with placing holds, locating books and offering public computer assistance.
- Provide excellent service to all library users.
- Assist patrons with our public computers, printing, faxing, and scanning.
- Instruct patrons through classes and demonstrations, including developing materials for instruction.
- Advise and assist patrons in the use of library services and tools, and maintain awareness of and be able to communicate library initiatives, events, and services to patrons.
- Stay current on new applications and programs, and deploy updates and help maintain library hardware as directed.
- Exercise initiative and judgement in public service situations.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite & Google Apps, Android and iOS devices, and popular social media applications
- Four-year college degree
- Speak, write and communicate in English effectively
Public library experience, knowledge of SIRSI/Workflows, and/or bilingual abilities a plus
2019 salary for Information Assistant is $18.47 p/hour
Please email resume with job application and cover letter to Jill D’Amico, Head of Information Services, at Open to applications until position is filled. Applications can be picked up at the Borrower Services Desk or can be downloaded here.
South Brunswick and the South Brunswick Public Library are Equal Opportunity Employers.