Information Assistant - Children’s Services
Part time, 12 hours a week
One weekend shift, weekday evenings
Posting Date: 7/22/2021
The South Brunswick Public Library is seeking an outgoing, energetic, customer service oriented individual to join our staff as a part-time Information Assistant in our Children’s Services Department. Under the supervision of the Head of Children’s Services, this individual will assist librarians with fielding reference questions, placing holds, locating books, and providing basic computer assistance. Future opportunities to develop and run children’s programming are possible. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with technology and enjoy working with a diverse population of all ages. Knowledge of children’s literature and experience working with children is preferred.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Advise and assist library users in the use of library services and tools.
- Assist with maintaining and marketing the collection.
- Provide support to children’s librarians in the delivery of children’s services.
- Assist in departmental clerical work as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree from a four year college.
- Ability to speak, write and communicate in English effectively.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Must successfully pass a thorough criminal history background check.
Starting salary for Librarian is $19.07/hour
Job deadline: Until Position is Filled
South Brunswick and the South Brunswick Public Library are Equal Opportunity Employers.