Information Assistant / Teen Services
Posting Date: 12/23/2019
The South Brunswick Public Library—a diverse and thriving library located in Central New Jersey—is seeking a creative, enthusiastic Information Assistant to work part-time assisting our Supervising Teen Services Librarian. This is a tremendous opportunity for a college graduate looking to gain experience in the library field.
This is a 15.75 hours/week position including one weekend day and two evenings a week. A bachelor’s degree is required and students enrolled in an MLIS graduate program are encouraged to apply. Must enjoy working with teens.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assisting with teen programming
- Creating attractive displays to promote books and upcoming teen programs
- Supervising volunteers
- Providing basic reference service both in the Teen Room and at the Adult Information Desk
- 4-year college degree
- Flexible work schedule, including some nights and weekend hours
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer literacy skills
- Public library experience a plus
- Knowledge of SIRSI/Workflows a plus
The 2020 starting salary for an Information Assistant is $18.79.
Job deadline: Wednesday, January 15th
South Brunswick and the South Brunswick Public Library are Equal Opportunity Employers.