Scroll down to see the Teen Application forms after reading the requirements.
The South Brunswick Public Library is happy to have teen volunteers. We use these volunteers for all sorts of things from programs to shelving. However, please be aware that the procedure for the library might be a bit different than what you’re used to. Here’s how it works:
1. File an application every school year
2. Check the blog for available jobs
3. When you find a job you want, contact Saleena with exact information on the position
4. Wait for an email (preferable) or a phone call to let you know if you’ve gotten the position. All positions are on a first come first served basis, so you cannot know you have been selected unless contacted.
5. If you have selected shelving or shelf reading as an option, it is possible for you to be contacted for that separately.
To recap: Please do not expect a phone call or an automatic position once you have filed an application. Please do check the blog and your email on a regular basis. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Saleena.
One of the Library’s more creative volunteer opportunities is as puppeteer in The South Brunswick Puppeteers Group, formed in 2000. Members work on performances of puppet shows for young children. This group is open to all in grades 5-12. When in session, practices are once a week for an hour at a time. Shows are usually within the same time frame as the practices. We try to ensure there are at least six practices before a show. For more information please contact Saleena
Volunteering expectations and procedures -This form needs to be read and the signature page returned before you may volunteer at the library.
We do not accept any applications between July 1-September 1