Interested in presenting a free program for the public in partnership with the Library?
South Brunswick Public Library Meeting Room Policy, Rules and Regulations
The South Brunswick Public Library, in keeping with its mission, offers meeting room space as available for public programs offered without a fee that are of an educational, cultural, or civic nature. The program must be a) given by community individuals or organizations b) open to the general public; c) of broad interest to and for the benefit of the general public; d) of an educational, cultural or civic purpose; and e) offered without an admission fee. If the above criteria are met, the room will be available for no cost. Qualified community service organizations whose membership is comprised primarily of South Brunswick residents (such as scout troops and parenting support groups) will also be granted free use of the facilities. If these criteria are not met, a room may be available for a rental fee.
Free use of a Library Meeting Room will not be authorized for the commercial benefit of private individuals, or profit-making purposes. Solicitation of money (including admission charges, dues, donations or sales) is prohibited.
Use of a meeting room at the library is obtained by submitting a written request form (see below). All requests must be approved by library administration. South Brunswick Public Library (hereafter referred to as “The Library”) programs and functions have first priority for the use of library facilities. Reservations for a room in the library are not guaranteed; the library reserves the right to reschedule any meeting if a conflict in time or date should occur. The Library reserves the right to assign or relocate a group to any meeting room that meets the requirements submitted on the application.
Room Use/Rental Application Process
To use a meeting room at the library, applicants should submit a Room Use/Rental Application no later than two weeks prior to the requested date. The form, along with the Room Use Rules and Regulations, can found on our website at www.sbpl.info under Services> Meeting Rooms or by clicking on the link in Paragraph 3 below. The form can be submitted in person at the Information Desk in the library, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the attention of the Outreach Department.
Meeting Rooms are available for free for programs that meet the criteria listed above. Programs (by non-profit and for-profit organizations alike) that do not meet the criteria for free use of the library can apply to rent a room. A fee will be charged if: 1) the program/event is not open to the general public; 2) the program/event is not of broad interest to and for the benefit of the general public; 3) the program/event is not of an educational, cultural or civic purpose; and/or 4) if an admission fee will be charged.
Before filling out an application:
1. Check the South Brunswick Public Library Hours of Service on our home page at www.sbpl.info. Use of the meeting rooms is only allowed when the library is open. All meetings must end at least 15 minutes prior to closing.
2. Check the availability of the room on our Event Calendar.
3. Review the South Brunswick Public Library Meeting Room Policy, Rules and Regulations A copy of these Policy, Rules and Regulations and a Rental Fee Schedule are attached to the Room Rental Application. Please make sure you read them and retain a copy for your record and use; exceptions to any of the rules will not be made.
4. Confirm that your requested date is no less than two weeks from the date of the application. No application will be accepted less than 2 weeks prior to the requested date; no exceptions.
Where scheduling conflicts exist, priority will be given as follows:
1) Library programs;
2) Library affiliated programs;
3) Township organizations;
4) Non-township organizations whose service area incorporates South Brunswick township and
All paperwork must be complete, signed and received by the library before the designated room will be officially reserved and the time and date put on the calendar.