ABOUT THE FRIENDS
Online or mail-in sign-ups could take up to a week to validate the membership status to be eligible for the Museum Pass Program.
What is the Friends of the South Brunswick Public Library?
The Friends is a non-profit organization formed in 1980 composed of individuals, families, local businesses and corporations who have a common interest and goal – to have the best library services possible!
Friends put the fun in the Family Fun Festival,
Friends put the books in the book sales,
Friends are the music at our concerts,
Friends are the art supplies in the children’s programs and Friends are the programs and performances at the library!
Some members support the Friends simply by paying their annual dues, while others become more involved by donating their time for programs and activities.
Why is the Friends needed?
Although the Library is a tax-supported institution, there are many important programs and services that cannot be funded through its regular operating budget. This is where the Friends step in to help. Using funds raised by its annual membership drive, donations and fundraisers, the Friends organization is able to assure that these services and programs are provided.
What benefits does Friends membership bring to you?
• Receive the Library’s bimonthly newsletter The Compass in full color by First Class Mail
• Friends-Only book sales
• Friends ongoing book sale
• Movie rental coupons
• Overdue fine coupons
• Participate in Friends programs and special events
• Monthly Friends meetings, typically held in the Library the second Tuesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. from September through June
• Meet new friends
By joining the Friends you also get the satisfaction of knowing that you are making a difference at your library in an important and effective way!
How does the Friends make a difference?
• Sponsor Library programs for children, teens and adults
• Sponsor The Compass newsletter
• Collect Campbell’s Labels for Education to help support Library programs
• Promote the enhancement of libraries through supporting legislation on local, state and national levels
• Scholarship Awards for Library pages and volunteers
• Being “green” by selling reusable book bags and used Library materials
• Help when special Library needs arise
• Stimulate public support of the Library
• Encourage literacy and a love of learning
You can also support the Friends by purchasing merchandise such as T-shirts and reusable bags available at the Checkout desk.
A 501(c)3 non-profit charitable organization. Donations made to Friends of SBL may be Tax Deductible. Please consult your Tax accountant for details.