Job Opening – 1
Page/Shelver in the Borrower Services Department
10.5 hrs. per week – evenings and one weekend day required
Salary: $8.38 per hour
The South Brunswick Public Library is seeking a personable, reliable, self-motivated, energetic person for a part-time Page/Shelver position. The ideal candidate should be a team-player and be able to work under minimal supervision.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Sort books/materials to be shelved and load book trucks
- Shelve books and other material in appropriate areas
- Clear books and other materials from tables, shelves and carrels
- Read and straighten shelves
- Retrieve items on holds list for patrons and/or other Libraries
- Shift and straighten material as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must be able to speak, write and communicate effectively in English
- Must have the ability to work well with other staff members
- Must be able to see, read and understand titles, call numbers and dates
- Must be able to sort accurately by alphabetical, numerical, chronological, Dewey Decimal order
- Must be able to push or pull loaded book trucks
- Must be able to sit, stand, reach, bend or kneel to place/retrieve books from shelves
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
Please submit job application (available on our website HERE –Application-Employment or at the Borrower Services Desk) to:
Diane Hurley, Supervisor, Borrower Services
South Brunswick Library, 110 Kingston Lane, Monmouth Junction, NJ 08852
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission is Friday, March 31, 2017
Job Opening – 2
March 6, 2017
Maintenance Worker – Part-Time TEMPORARY
22.5 hours per week
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 6:30 AM – 2:30 PM
Hourly rate: $15.31
The South Brunswick Public Library is seeking a reliable and responsible self-starter to work with our Maintenance Department on a Temporary basis through approximately June. This individual will assist with keeping the library clean, set up and break down meeting rooms and perform basic repairs/groundskeeping. The ideal candidate should be personable, able to work independently and read and follow written instructions. Maintenance or custodial experience a plus.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain overall order and cleanliness of the library.
- Clean and disinfect restrooms.
- Empty trash from receptacles.
- Dust, sweep, mop, vacuum, and clean floors, furniture and fixtures.
- Maintain security and safety of the library building.
- Assist with snow removal/grounds keeping.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Learn and use the Library’s custodial equipment, materials and office equipment.
- Work with cleaning chemicals, vapors, debris and dust and other conditions both indoors and outdoors.
- Speak, write and communicate effectively in English.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Maintain effective working relationship with both the public and colleagues.
- Lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs and perform other strenuous physical activities.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Must have a valid NJ driver’s license.
- Must be physically and mentally capable of performing job tasks.
- Drug free (testing may be required)
- Must successfully pass a six month probation period.
- Must successfully pass a thorough criminal history background check.
Please submit job application, available HERE –Application-Employment or at the Information Desk and resume. Position open until filled.
South Brunswick Library
110 Kingston Lane
Monmouth Junction, NJ 08852
Applications may be sent electronically to email@example.com
You may download an application from here at Application-Employment. Applications can also be picked up at the South Brunswick Library, 110 Kingston Lane, Monmouth Junction, NJ, 08852.
South Brunswick and the South Brunswick Public Library are Equal Opportunity Employers.